Print Delivery Order
This application seamlessly prints delivery orders placed by customers from DoorDash or Grubhub site. Version 1.0 is published on July 1, 2020. All updates on this application will be free of charge
for valid licensed users. This application will remove all tablets and printers from DoorDash and Grubhub, all human effort to confirm orders, and all unnecessary processes to prepare delivery order.
Below image is the actually printed kitchen copy image. Click image to enlarge.
Below image is a screen shot of the report function. Click image to enlarge.
Date published 2020-07-20
Disables auto confirm on blocked customer's order. (Some customers place order and place complain on delivery company, and get full refund from delivery company for free food. Merchants will not get notice easily on this case. Later, if merchants add this customer to blocked list, customer can place order but printer will print warning sign on separate page. Merchants can contact delivery company and verify if the customer is the same person keep doing this behavior, and decide to confirm this order or not.)
Date published: 2020-07-18
Epson, Star Micronics, Bixolon, Citizen
Installs manufacturer's OPOS utilities on installation for the specific printer model selected by user.
Bug fix on duplicate log on reprint
Date published: 2020-07-14
Reprint function is added for any orders placed in today.
Creates report chart by company, week, or month.
New menu bar is added holding all tools now.
Status bar is added reflecting the actual background processes' activities.
Critical bug fixed on v1.7. Unhandeled error on configuration window's buttons.
Date published: 2020-07-10
Registeres unlimited number of network POS printers.
Prints custom footer on customer copy.
Automatically downloads the newest version on installation.
Can configure each registered printer with number of copy, and type.
Payment information will be printed on customer copy; [PREPAID] or [NOT.PAID].
Prints [DELIVERY] or [PICKUP].
Date published: 2020-07-07
Utility [ListDevice.exe] is added to show all connected devices so user can see all devices in network, and check which device is the POS network printer.
Utility [Updater.exe] is added.
Configuration window's test buttons are highlighted to show the mandatory tests, which must be passed to run application.
Bug fixed on directory related error.
- Prints orders seamlessly. Once order is placed, it will be printed.
- Automatically confirms orders from DoorDash or Grubhub.
- No action is required to confirm your orders.
- This function is optional. It can be disabled in configuration window.
- Registers unlimited number of network POS printers.
- Each printer can be configured.
- Suppose you have many departments (for example, Kitchen, Sushi Bar, Server Section, and Host Section)t Section)
- When order is placed, all workers will get notice by network printer based on kitchen copy or customer copy.
- Kitchen workers, suchi bar workers, and server or host, whoever prepares utencils and napkins, can start preparation simultaneously.
- Of course, your POS printers must be 'network' printers to perform this.
- If your POS is able to replace exclusive printer with shared network printer, you can practice this.
- Choosing the right POS is so important.
- Prints multiple copies.
- Each printer can be configured to print number of copies from 1 to 99.
- Adds custom footer on customer copy.
- Can be run on any device with Windows system on either 32bit or 64 bit system (only 1 device is needed).
- Prints prepaid or not on customer copy.
- Prints [PREPAID] or [NOT PAID] based on the order (Grubhub).
- Prints [DELIVERY] or [PICKUP] (all).
- Saves daily log file with order amount for reference.
- Able to reprint any orders placed earlier today.
- Creates graphical report charts by company, week, and month.
- Nothing to be adjusted once installed.
- Compatible with Epxon, Star Micronics, Bixolon, and Citizen network (Ethernet) POS printers.
- For other models
- In many cases, other models work fine because OPOS is built on industry standard. Please try first.
- If failed to configure after printer test, contact your POS printer's manufacturer website, and get OPOS for .NET utility for your printer model.
- OPOS for .Net utility simply registers printer to your device with ip address and logical name. That is all you need.
- Save money by not purchasing extra printers for delivery orders.
- Save space by not placing extra printers or extra tablets in your kitchen for delivery orders.
- Save time and work by automatic order confirmation on each order.
- Application will not prevent printing from your current POS.
- Runs as background process when minimized. Application will be added to Windows system tray.
- Free updates.
- Uninstaller is included in downloaded folder (setup.exe).
Will this Application Prevent My POS from Printing Dine-In Orders?
- No, it will not prevent your current POS printing. Reasons are, network POS printers are supposed to be shared with many devices. For this reason, your POS developers supposed to release printer after each printing by any device. However, this is not guaranteed. If your network printer is communicating with only 1 device (order station), there will be chance the printer is not released on each printing, which makes the printer exclusive use. Print Delivery Order application releases the target printer after each printing by following standard practice, which is 'network printer is designed to be shared by many devices.'
I am using RestaurantXPOS, do I need this Application?
- No, RestaurantXPOS is able to print orders from DoorDash and Grubhub seamlessly. You do not need this application. If you install this application, you will see duplicate order receipts printed.
Do I need any Tablets from DoorDash or Grubhub?
- No, this application prints order, and confirms order automatically. There is no need to have tablets provided by DoorDash or Gruhub.
Do I need Purchase a New POS Printers from DoorDash or Grubhub?
- No. If you have network POS printer in your place, please test first. Chances are very high that your current network POS printer will work. If works, this application will save money, space, and time.
My Network POS printer is not Listed on installer, can I Print Delivery Order?
- Yes, and no. Please test with this application first. If works, great. If does not work, you can still contact your POS printer vendor. However, this application is built on OPOS technology, which is built by standard POS industry companies, which means it is highly possible thet your standard network POS printer will work. Installation guide on this page shows more detail.
Is it Safe to Provide my E-mail Information to this Applicaiton?
- Yes. This application saves configuration as a file. Configuration file includes your e-mail address and password. Once application is configured, application will encrypt information. Below is an example configuration file's content. It is impossible for someone to see your email information from this file. To make the answer short, it is impossible for someone to get your email information from this application config file.
How can I Uninstall this Application?
- Locate setup.exe file in downloaded folder [Print Delivery Order]. Right click, and select [Run as Administrator].
- Computer running on Windows Operating System (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Internet connection
- Valid email account address and password, which receives orders from DoorDash and Grubhub
- Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5 or higher (Windows 10 has the latest .Net version 4.6)
- Network POS printer
- Wired or Wireless (Not USB, Serial interface model. USB and Serial interface is for 'exclusive' use for 1 device)
- Epson, Star Micronics, Bixolon, and Citizen network POS printer will work. For other models, please try first.
- If failed to configure, download OPOS .Net utility from your POS printer's vendor
- Or, just select similar model from Epson OPOS for .Net utility
- Chances are high because OPOS is built on industry standard
- Both the computer and the network printer must be connected to the same network using the same router (or modem) via wired or wireless.
Istallation performs major steps as below.
Download and install Print Delivery Order application to Windows device.
Obtain network POS printer's IP address (If you know your printer's IP address, you can skip the step - Get IP address of Printer.)
Register network POS printer to the Windows device using IP address using OPOS utility installed from step 1. Download and Install. When you select printer model, installer installs OPOS utility.
Finalize installation by configuration on this application. [Print Delivery Order]
Printer's Model, IP Address and MAC address
- Locate label on the side of the printer
- Write down the exact model on paper, For example, Epson TM-t88V
- Sometime, you can also locate MAC address also. Write this information also.
- If you could locate your network printer's IP address, you can skip [Get IP address of Printer] step.
1. Download and Install
- Download [Print Delivery Order.zip] here.
- Once downloaded, extract to any location (For example, on Windows Desktop)
- Locate [setup.exe] file, and right click. Select [Run as Administrator]
- Follow instruction on installing required applications as below
Install [Microsoft POS for .Net]
- Application will start installing Microsoft POS for .Net on your device if not found
- Follow instruction on screen
Install OPOS for .Net utility
- OPOS Installer will start, select your printer's model to install utility.
- Follow instruction on screen
Enter parameters in [Print Delivery Order Application] Config Window
- Enter all information correctly
- POP server information -> Search internet for detail. For example, search 'hotmail POP server'
- Run DeviceList.exe in this window and verify your printer's IP address (For more detail please refer to setp 2. Get IP address of Printer)
- Write down IP address on papaer.
- Close Application Config Window now.
- Close Print Delivery Order Application now.
2. Get IP address of Printer
There are several methods to find IP address of your network printer as below. If you already have IP address of your printer, skip this step.
By [network printer]
- This is Epson model specific, more other models, please refer to the manufacturer's web site.
- Turn off power switch on the printer.
- While pressing [Feed] button on the printer, turn on power switch on the printer.
- Once printer prints configuration information, release [Feed] button.
- On printed paper obtain IP address. If you do not see IP address, obtain MAC address. For example, 00:21:F7:05:82:50
- Turn power switch off and turn power switch on
- If you were not able to get IP address,
- Run DeviceList.exe (in extracted folder 'Print Delivery Order')
- Application will list all devices' IP address and device name
- Open web browser and enter IP address only (ex. 192.168.xxx.xxx)
- If you see the network printer's config page, you got the right IP address.
- If you don't see the network printer's config page, try other IP address listed.
- Close web browser. Do not modify any value in printer's configuration page.
By [EpsonNet Config]
- Go to Windows Start - EPSON NET, right click EpsonNet Config and select [Run as Administrator]
- If you see network POS printer's IP address and name, write down IP address and name
- Do not try to modify any configuration on EpsonNet Config
- Close EpsonNET Config application
By [your Router, or Modem]
- If you were not able to obtain printer's IP address, check any labels on printer for MAC address.
- If the printer does not have MAC information labeled on the printer, follow steps below.
- Access your router's configuration page by typing ip address of your router. Your access information will be printed on the router (or modem, if there is no router)
- Search for connected device information on the router's page
- In the router's configuration page, try to find MAC address on each device connected the router (or modem if there is no router), compare the MAC address
- Each router or modem has different configuration page but in most cases, they will show MAC address and IP address of all connected devices.
- Device information should contain MAC address and IP address on all connected device list on router's page.
- Write down IP address which has the MAC address you obtained ealier.
- This IP address will be used while registering printer to your device (computre) later.
3. Register Network Printer to Device
This step is showing how to retister network printer to the device using Epson OPOS for .Net utility. Basic idea is all same for other models. [Add Printer] - [Enter IP Address] - [Set Logical Printer Name].
- With IP address and printer name obtained as above, register POS printer to your device (computer).
- If you were not able to obtain logical printer name from EpsonNet Conf, it is OK. All you need is the IP address of the network printer.
- Start Print Delivery Order as administrator (Right click shortcut on your desktop, select 'Run as administrator')
- Go to menu bar and click [Tools] - [Confiture Print Delivery Order].
- Under title [Utilities], click dropdown control to list OPOS utility installed previously.
- Click Add printer button if you don't see registered printer on the left pane
- Set parameters as below
- Logical Device Name: The printer name you obtained from EpsonNet Config. If you were not able to obtain printer name, just enter 'pdokptr' as logical name.
- Make sure enter this name on Print Delivery Order Application's Configuration Window in next step [Finalize Installation].
- Device Category: PosPrinter
- Device Name: Select the printer model of your printer. If you have a different vender's model, (ex, StarMicronics), just select TM-t88V for test.
- Port Type: Wired Network or Wireless Network depending on your printer
- IP address: The IP address you obtained from step 2. Get IP Address of Printer
- Click Next
- Click Done (Do not modify anything on printer detail page)
- Click Save
- Click Add button and repeat this setp, if you want to register another network POS printer to this device.
- Exit Epson OPOS for .Net application
- Turn power switch off to turn off printer.
- Wait 3 seconds
- Turn power switch on to turn on printer.
4. Finalize Installation
- Make sure printer was turned off and turned on before following any steps below.
- Run Print Delivery Order Application, Print Delivery Order Application's configuration window will open automatically.
- Enter printer name
- Make your e-mail test was already passed.
- Select copy type [Kitchen], [Customer], or [Both]
- Enter number of copy to print.
- Enter footer information for customer copy.
- The printer name you entered on the step [Register Network Printer to Device] above.
- Click Test Printer button. The network printer will print something.
- If printer prints on test,
- Confiture more network printers by name, if you have any.
- Save and Exit configuration window
- Print Delivery Order application is able to print any delivery order now.
- Print any order from your current POS to test if your POS is working also.
- If your POS is able to print, everything is done
- If your POS is unable to print, you cannot use this application
- If printer fails to print on test,
- Make sure Logical Device Name registered on setp [Register Network Printer on Device] is same as Printer Name you entered on Print Delivery Order application's configuration window
- Make sure IP address entered on setp 3. [Register Network Printer to Device] is correct.
- Make sure the printer is shared by many devices (If the printer is used exclusively by only 1 device, there might be a chace that your POS developer designed POS to cliam the printer exclusively.)
- If this is the case, you have POS designed by developers who are not in good understanding of POS.
- If everything is done,
- Close Print Delivery Order Application
- Double click Print Delivery Order.exe
- Now you are starting the application as non-Administrator
- Application does not have to be started with Administrator's previledge once installed and tested successfully
Limitations without License
- No limination for 14 days from installation date.
- After 14 days from the installation date, characters of menu items and modifiers will be replaced with special characters.
- To purchase License, click here.
- To get more help on installation or any other issues, please contact us by sending message.
- To get help in English, please call developer's mobile 214-256-8888.
- 한국어 안내가 필요하시면, 214-256-8888로 전화 주십시오.